Q:Anybody remember the early icon for AMP, you know back when Callan was in there and the url was still AMP? It was like kids playing baseball or something. What was going on in that icon? Was it some kinda metaphor? I always wondered.
I genuinely don’t even remember what it was I didn’t look at it close enough.
People who feel it necessary to make fun of tragic events.
People who think they’re masters of comedy and cleverness when they do.
People who act like it’s wrong when they people get offended at their offensive humor.
all the butthurt mras please tell me how men are oppressed
bcs apparently they have it worse than women do
and i mean all women
- Having the majority of Western schools use teaching methods known to improve the learning of girls over boys.
- Teachers are willing to spend time with a struggling female student which has lead to the over diagnosis of ADHD amongst boys.
- Male infant circumcision has become routine with no medical or health benefits.
- Women have more funding for research, support, recovery and treatment for terminal illnesses in most Western hospitals.
- Women have more funding for research, support, recovery and treatment for mental illnesses in most Western hospitals.
- Women are acknowledged by law and society as a victim of rape, men are not.
- Women have more funding for support, recovery and support centres for victims of rape and abuse.
- Men are not given compensation for victimhood and any damages that come from individual circumstance, women are.
- Women get more leniency in the judicial systems including minimal chances of getting the death penalty, lighter sentencing and having downgraded charges based on circumstances, men don’t.
- By law, men who have fathered a child by being raped by the mother have to not only pay child support but have to have frequent contact with their rapists.
- Laws have been put in place in arrest men at the scene of domestic abuse before an investigation has been launched, even if he is the victim. Surprising considering women make up half the abusers.
- Women the power to refuse a parental test on any or all children before filling for child support services in the majority of Europe.
- Men are still frequently drafted before they can vote and are faced with bankruptcy, imprisonment or are stripped of rights if they don’t sign up.
- Men are still bound by their gender roles which women have had the leisure of leaving since the second-wave of feminism and are still expect to give their lives for others. It is still frequently practised during emergencies “women first” even if the woman if fine and the man is dying.
That’s without me going into the further issues that men of colour, lower-class or homeless men, gay, asexual or transgender individuals, and physically or mentally disabled men face.
Would you like me to go on?
The definitions in the dictionary are biased. So I’m going to keep using them.
Rrr.r….WHITE MEN WRITE DICTIONARY…Grr…THEY BIASED…have…have the privlege!!!! tHat…that mean BIASED!!!! THats…thats right…ME…me no have…THEREFORE I AM NOT BIASED!!! YEs my definiton…my definition better. I not privilege. I have no bias. IMpossible.
“I hate men!!!”
“I hate straight people!!!”
“I hate whites!”
-photoshops “Misandry” onto a gif of a woman-
The reason “most men are assholes” is because most people are assholes.
So you can stop being sexist about it.
Q:I'm sad that things slowed down for this blog. I'm sad that it turned bad after a while and people couldn't take it anymore. I'm sad that Mod A decided Tumblr wasn't good for her mental health, that's especially sad indeed. I send my love and availability to talk. -ModS
With all of the preperation for the upcoming Tekkoshocon and the stress of work I will admit that I haven’t been a very good moderator, however, that does not mean we are shutting down.
What would be ideal would be a hiatus, in which we would look at bringing in new mods through a series of interviews to essentially “pass the reins”.
In the meantime, we are on effective hiatus and will not be making any more post until we figure out what the fuck we’re doing.
Until then, I bid you all good fortune.
P.S. If any followers are attending Tekkkoshocon I would LOVE to meet you, I’ll be cosplaying the whole time but if you’re there on Friday, I’ll be the only black Miku there haha. I’m also cosplaying Femme Spain (canon and gakuen) from Hetalia, and Cake from Adventure Time. Hope to see you there!
I’m sorry Missy :c I didn’t get a response from anyone and you didn’t say anything when we were talking on the blog so I assumed you just passively left.
Maybe we won’t have to close.
Just as a note, I didn’t even know you’d asked anyone anything, I’m still here! I’ve just been spending time with my girlfriend after not seeing her for a year.
Whoa what. I literally haven’t been able to get on post or answer messages for here for like a week and a half because Tumblr was being a dick and now we’re shutting it down?? Matt water u doin?
I started up my own Social Justice blog back in November of last year and soon after the original owner of this blog noticed me and asked me if I would co-mod her blog. To be honest I wasn’t sure how to go about running such a big blog (And now my own has surpassed what this blog was when i came to it) and it was hard to balance the two. And I was shocked she even wanted my input. But, from what I could do, I had a lot of fun being a part of a blog with some really cool people who I’ve got some nice friendships with.
We had a small fight that lost us one mod who then cut off all ties to us. Then, the original owner decided that tumblr was too stressful for her mental health. (I can imagine, since I’ve had similar issues)
That was pretty much the final blow to the blog.
Along with that, my blog grew more popular making even harder for me to do more than reblog stuff onto here. AAMP has been a mess since the original blog collapsed and even now they don’t seem to be posting all that much.
I’ve tried to contact the other mods, but didn’t get a response.
So, I want to thank you all for your following this blog, and to all the mods before me for allowing me to join. It’s been interesting and despite all the fights and stress a good time for me.
This is the official retirement of Abovt Male Privilege. We will not be deleting the blog, but we will also no longer be posting any original or reblogged content .
If you would like to keep in contact with me„ please follow my personal blog nowiamanarsonist.
If you would like to follow a blog similar to Abovt, check out and follow my blog Abuttmaleprivilige.
Thank you all, and I hope you’ve enjoyed the blog as much as I have.